Studying for Refugees
Since the winter semester 2015/16, Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences makes full admission for refugees possible, even with incomplete files - that is, if one owned a higher education entrance qualification in her or his country of origin, however, is not able to provide the documents here. The latter is often the case, due to the circumstances of an escape.
Thus, the University allows nationwide firstly the possibility for refugees to study in general, also without proof coercion, and finally for all undergraduate bachelor's degree programmes even with restricted admission (NC).
This pilot project puts into use the resolution of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs from 8 November 1985.
Language Course (C1 level)
You are missing the required German language skills?
With its initiative for academic integration, Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences provides the following measures for each year of the programme:
- pre-study language courses „German as Foreign Language“ with target level C1 (10 months, daily from Monday to Friday)
- integration measures (Late Summer School, Buddy Programme, Gasthörerschaft etc.)
- advice and support regarding all necessary measures (i.e. financing)
What are the requirements for participating in the initiative for academic integration (the language course)?
- residence permit
- higher education entrance qualification / “Abitur“ (even with incomplete educational records)
- if obligated: completed integration course (until September at the latest)
- specific study wish in Saxony-Anhalt
How to apply for participation?
- fill in the data sheet (see www.hs-magdeburg.de via the section “Studium für Geflüchtete”)
- add CV
- provide copies of all available documents for verification:
- residence permit
- integration course certificate or confirmation of participation (if obligated)
- school certificates (with German / English translation)
- if available: letter of recognition for international educational qualifications (e.g. from the Landesschulamt)
Complete applications are to be submitted to the International Office of Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences (Campus Magdeburg, house 4, room 2.18) or can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with documents for verification!
Study programmes at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences